Are you a meetings and events professional? Give back to the industry by taking part in the
! That’s right, we want you to help us write a song about the impact our industry has on the world.
SongDivision’s UK team will lead the session, consisting of amazing musicians that have worked with the likes of George Michael, Florence & The Machine, Michael Bublé , CeeLo Green and Eminem. They will ‘Periscope’ the session from Metropolis Studios in London where the likes of Adele, Amy Winehouse, The Rolling Stones and Queen have all recorded hit songs.
Prior to February 25th, we invite you to contribute lyrics on our Facebook Event
Page to help build a song that shows the impact meetings, conferences and conventions have on people, business and communities. If you haven’t done so already, please “join” our Facebook Event
to stay up-to-date on our “Theme of the Day”. Our daily theme will guide you as to what your lyrics should pertain to.
Do you have a favourite photo or image from a meeting or event? Send them to us and they will be used for a ‘montage video’ to go with the song. You can also post it on our Facebook Event
, or email to GMID16@songdivision.com
Taking Part in the SongDivision’s GMID Anthem
Contributing Lyrics and Photos :
1. Join the Facebook Event
and keep an eye out for the “Theme of the Day”. Themes will include the components of a meeting such as “People”, “Places”, “Entertainment”, “Networking”, “Sustainability” or “Food” and will guide you as to what your lyric or image should pertain to.
2. Not a Facebook user? Feel free to email SongDivision any images or lyrics that you would like to include in the official anthem at GMID16@songdivision.com
3. Log onto Periscope on February 25th at 12pm EST to see the song come together! The session will be interactive and you will take part in building the song by choosing chords, a style along with creating lyrics in Periscope's chat feature.
Joining the session via Periscope :
1. Download the Periscope App - you must have a Twitter account to log-in and participate.
2. Log-in with Twitter.
3. Tap the bottom right icon and then the microscope at the top left corner.
4. Type “SongDivision” and select follow.
5. Click the world icon at the bottom of the screen.
6. Look for SongDivision's live broadcast.
7. Take part in the songwriting session by inserting song lyrics in the "say something" textbox. Vote for what style you want the song to be. YOU will literally be helping create the song, so don't miss out!
8. Tap the live-stream to share hearts - this represents that you are enjoying the live-stream and symbolises an applause.
9. Follow SongDivision on Twitter and Facebook to see the finished song before April 14th...
We look forward to writing this song with you and giving back to our wonderful industry!